Sunday, December 4, 2011

the bad lieutenant: port of call - new orleans (2009). directed by werner herzog.


sometimes i just want a dose of nicolas cage. he reminds me of all the crazy wilderness in all of us, the stuff we do out of desperation despite our good intentions. it's great when all that bad planning works out, but catastrophic when they don't. i haven't seen the original film made in 1992 by abel farrera, which my brother said was really good. this film is good too, i got my satisfaction of finally seeing something worthy of cage's talents (don't ask me of his films after 2003 (ok he made some good ones in between, but...) which i could not bring myself to watch, suffice to say they are undeserving of his time). the film is twisted and herzog put iguanas to show - it is a jungle not a civilization out there! the hero's only redeeming quality is his good intentions...and he was lucky it worked out, however strange it got, in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment